Foundation / Corporation
Greene County Foundation (GCF)
06/21/19 4:30 PM
Grants to Greene County, Indiana nonprofit organizations for a wide variety of civic, social, economic, and community programs that benefit area residents. New applicants must contact the Funding Source for a pre-application meeting prior to submitting an application. Funding is intended to support new or ongoing programs in the following categories: preservation and beautification, arts and culture, wellness and fitness, education, and sustainability matching grants.
The Greene County Foundation believes in providing a “hand up” rather than a “hand out” and is looking for proposals that provide match dollars, build sustainability for an organization or project, and encourage those receiving an organization’s services to be engaged in giving back or paying it forward.
Community Support Grants - The Foundation Board has elected to focus grants this year in the following areas:
- Preservation and Beautification: grants that establish, expand, or renew efforts of organizations, cities, towns, or civic groups to upgrade and beautify spaces including building facades, parks, downtowns, and streets; or to rehabilitate or preserve such spaces in regard to their historic significance and aesthetic value.
- Arts and Culture: grants that 1) expand public art or allow public access to the work of local sculptors, painters, metal workers, woodworkers, etc. and 2) establish or expand cultural events to raise awareness and appreciation of the arts (both visual and non-visual, e.g. music, theater, etc.) while providing offerings for citizens of all ages in programs beyond school hours.
- Wellness and Fitness: grants addressing projects that support the health and well-being of Greene County residents, improve access to necessary wellness services, and encourage a more active lifestyle.
- Education: grants providing support to school corporations and not-for-profit agencies in Greene County, who propose to address the educational needs of the county’s students, with one or more of the following areas of focus: A) to increase school attendance by early intervention to forestall absenteeism; B) to encourage parental involvement with students’ education; C) to promote the value of education in preparing young students and adults for career opportunities; and D) encourage adult participation in learning activities including literacy and parenting skills.
- Sustainability Matching Grants: to provide matches to organizations to establish or increase their endowment fund.
The Linton Heritage Fund and the Prairie Chapel – Cemetery Preservation Fund:
- The Linton Heritage Fund is established to support historical preservation and beautification activities in the Linton area.
- The Prairie Chapel – Cemetery Preservation Fund is established to support the maintenance, repair, and restoration of historically significant monuments and the preservation and beautification of cemeteries in Greene County.
Funding Priorities can be found at: http://www.greenecountyfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-Community-Support-Grant-Outline.docx?x20450
GrantWatch ID#: 144714
- Preservation and Beautification: Up to $51,845
- Arts and Culture: Up to $51,570
- Wellness and Fitness: Up to $52,920
- Education: Up to $93,570
- Sustainability Matching Grants: Up to $51,570
- Linton Heritage Fund: Up to $690.00
- Prairie Chapel – Cemetery Preservation Fund: Up to $1,400.00
Organizations that believe they can gain significant momentum toward their organizational sustainability or toward significantly addressing solutions may ask for multi-year funding with a proposal that reflects a well-laid multi-year plan for accomplishment.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
With questions, or to schedule a pre-application consultation appointment, please call (812) 659-3142 or email email@example.com.
Applications should be electronically submitted the above email address, or paper copies submitted to:
Greene County Foundation
4513 W St. Hwy 54
Bloomfield, IN 47424
Suzanne Jackson, Financial Director
Telephone: (812) 659-3142
Fax: (812) 659-3142
USA: Indiana: Greene County