Foundation / Corporation
Wayne County Foundation
03/29/19 11:30 PM
Grants to Wayne County, Indiana nonprofits for programs that improve the quality of living of local residents and the community. First-time applicants must contact staff before applying and pre-applications are required prior to the submission of a full application. Funding is intended for programs that display an innovative and practical approach to a community problem or project.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Address a community problem or special project of some significance for which funding is needed but not available through the organization’s regular budget; and
- Show evidence of the qualifications and stability of the applicant organization.
- Have a broad reach, as represented by the number of people involved or affected, and/or demonstrates a significant importance or depth of impact to those who are involved or affected.
- Promote collaborative relationships between organizations in order to most effectively leverage resources and reduce duplication of services
With few exceptions, funding requests can be classified into one of the following categories:
- Seed/Startup: New organization or initiative seeking qualified charity status (seed) or having received it in the last three years (startup). Represents a new approach to a problem or opportunity that is not already in place.
- Bridge: Organizations or established programs in transition from one funding model to another or in need of temporary support until the regular funding model can be re-established.
- Special or One-Time Project or Event: A new program or initiative of an established organization or a one-time event/project with a specific dollar amount required for completion.
- Capital Improvement: Very similar to a Special or One-Time Project request, but involving major capital improvements to facilities or equipment
- Capacity Building: A program or initiative of an existing organization that is designed both to provide benefit to the community and advance the ability of the organization to do its work more effectively in the future.
- Sustaining: A recurring program or initiative of an existing organization that has received prior Foundation support.
GrantWatch ID#: 158615
The Foundation expects to award up to $100,000 from its unrestricted funds and almost $190,000 from various field of-interest funds in this cycle.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register for Networking Luncheon: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EhA3w526D7s46Ha3uBO5wP5snosriVnS58YAhOizyMU/viewform?edit_requested=true
Apply online: https://waynecofdngrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx
Lisa Bates, Program Officer
Wayne County Foundation
33 South 7th Street
Richmond, IN 47374
USA: Indiana: Wayne County