Foundation / Corporation
Fellowships providing $20,000 per year to USA, Canada, and International emerging scholars who are working on the modernization of processes in Jewish history, culture, and society. Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in two summer seminars held in the US.
The seminars will be led by preeminent Jewish studies scholars, along with the preceding or subsequent cohort (for a total of 12 Fellows) to share their work, participate in professionalization workshops and attend lectures.
Fellows maintain ongoing contact to support each other’s work, and submit an annual report on their progress to the Foundation.
GrantWatch ID#: 164728
The fellowship grants $20,000/year.
The fellowship provides grants for two years.
The Posen Society of Fellows is open to all with no restrictions, regardless of religion, gender, or nationality.
Criteria for Selection:
1. Doctoral candidates working on a dissertation topic related to modernization processes in Jewish history, society and culture.
2. Applicants must have met all of their university’s requirements to be a Ph.D candidate and have an approved dissertation topic by January 15 in the first year for which they apply.
3. Applicants who have already begun writing their dissertation must anticipates at least two years to completion.
4. Applicants may not hold other concurrent fellowships and/or academic awards in excess of $10,000 per year
5. Participants must have a valid USA visa and be able to travel to the US (in August) and present and discuss their own and colleagues’ work in English.
Deadline for submitting application and letter of recommendation for the 2019-2021 cohort: December 30, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit an application:
Azrieli Towers Holon
Harokmim St 26 (tower B)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.