Foundation / Corporation
08/06/19 11:00 AM Central Time
Grant to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit or for-profit organization for an outstanding initiative that will solve a critical problem that currently exists. Applicants must register before submitting an application. Proposals are not limited to a particular category. Proposals should articulate both the problem and the proposed solution, and must have a charitable purpose. Competitive proposals will be meaningful, verifiable, durable, and feasible.
100&Change is a MacArthur Foundation competition for a $100 million grant to fund a single proposal that will make measurable progress toward solving a significant problem. Proposals focused on any critical issue are welcome.
The purpose of this grant is to fund at a level far above what's typical in philanthropy in order to address problems and support solutions that are radically different in scale, scope, and complexity. $100 million is a large enough sum to focus on a serious problem and its solution in a meaningful and lasting way.
GrantWatch ID#: 173411
You must propose a project and budget for $100 million (USD), not less.
The Competition Sponsor welcomes applications from eligible organizations or entities that have a recognized legal existence and structure under applicable law (State, Federal, or Country) and that are in good standing in the jurisdiction under which they are organized.
The following types of organizations are eligible:
- An organization under section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) that has received a tax determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”).
- A private foundation under section 501(c)(3) of the IRC that has received a tax determination letter from the IRS.
- A for-profit corporation organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A benefit corporation, flexible purpose organization, or similar “hybrid” organization organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A limited liability company or partnership organized under the laws of a state in the United States.
- An organization organized under the laws of a foreign jurisdiction which has received a tax determination letter from the IRS or has been determined to be the equivalent of a section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) organization by NGO Source or the MacArthur Foundation for which an equivalency determination has not expired and would be in effect or could extended through the date of the project to be supported..
- An entity that is recognized under the law of the applicable jurisdiction as a non-governmental organization, an educational organization, a charitable organization, a social welfare organization, a not-for-profit organization, or similar-type entity that is not a for-profit organization or government agency.
- A for-profit entity organized and in good standing under the laws of the local jurisdiction in which it operates.
Individuals and government entities are not eligible to submit applications.
No employee or Board member of the MacArthur Foundation (or a member of their immediate family) is permitted to participate either directly or indirectly with any organization submitting an Application; any such participation will disqualify the related Application.
- April 30 - July 16, 2019: Assessment and Registration
- July 17 - August 6, 2019: Application
- September 4 - 24, 2019: Peer-to-Peer Review
- September 2019 - February 2020: Wise Head Panel
- February 2020: Top 100
- Spring 2020: Finalists Selected
- Spring - Summer 2020: Projects Developed
- Fall 2020 - Award Announced
During the Peer-to-Peer review, each applicant will score and comment on five other applications within the same domain, using four criteria included in the scoring rubric: impactful, evidence-based, feasible, and durable. This is the same scoring rubric that the Wise Head Panel will use.
You are required to submit a video that captures your project and why it should be funded. The video is an opportunity to showcase your passion and to pitch your story in a succinct format. The Foundation wants you to share your vision with the judges in a way that is different from the written proposal format. This does not need to be a professionally produced video. In order to complete this part of your application, your team will upload a short digital film using YouTube. Your video may be extracted from your submission and made available to the public and other donors. Appeal to a broad audience.
Eligibility quiz: https://www.100andchange.org/#readiness-tool
Application information: https://www.100andchange.org/#application
Evaluation information: https://www.100andchange.org/#evaluation/peer-to-peer-review
About the Competition: https://www.macfound.org/programs/100change/strategy/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To register go to: https://rpwww.100andchange.org/
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (312) 726-8000
Fax (312) 920-6258
TDD (312) 920-6285
General inquiries: email@example.com
John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
Office of Grants Management
140 S. Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60603-5285
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.