Foundation / Corporation
Legacy Foundation - Lake County Community Fund (LCCF)
11/01/19 6:00 PM EST
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $25,000 to Lake County, Indiana nonprofit organizations, schools, religious organizations, civic organizations, and local governments to benefit the local community in a broad range of areas. Organizations must schedule a meeting with the funding source prior to submitting an application. Funding will be provided for proposals in the following areas: community development, education, health, human services, recreation, environment, youth development, and arts and culture. Priorities for each of these areas are outlined below.
Arts and Culture - To support programs and facilities that are designed to establish a diversified cultural program that offers widespread opportunities for participation and appreciation.
Community Development – To support programs related to community development, e.g. citizen involvement, leadership training, and general community programs and projects.
Education – To support projects and supplementary educational programs for pre-school, secondary and post-secondary students. (See limitations regarding direct funding for schools below.)
Environment – To support environmental education and activities which help to enhance and maintain a healthy environment.
Health – To support programs which have direct impact on the health of the community through education and treatment.
Human Services – To support human service programs which assist residents with day-to-day needs such as shelters, food and transportation; and programs that assist residents in becoming more self-sufficient and improving their quality of life.
Recreation – To provide opportunities in the community for leisure and family friendly activities.
Youth Development – to support the healthy growth, development, and activities of young people.
The proposed program should emphasize one or more of the Community Foundation’s grantmaking program areas, priorities, and values to:
- Create a sense of community through neighborhood outreach and involvement.
- Promote shared values, common interests, and collective action among groups.
- Strengthen the capacity of existing institutions to reach a broader segment of the community.
- Collaborate between two or more organizations or groups.
- Support neighborhood driven efforts.
- Provide an innovative response to a community need that does not unnecessarily duplicate other efforts.
- Provide opportunities to understand the value of diversity.
- Equip people to help themselves.
- Concentrate on prevention and education.
The Fund Foundation will fund nonprofit groups and partnerships proposing to conduct programs with schools:
- Partnerships between nonprofit groups and schools is most preferred when the partnership will benefit multiple schools in the school district.
- Partnerships between nonprofit groups and schools are preferred when the community can also benefit from the goals.
GrantWatch ID#: 175634
$2,000 - $25,000
Grants are typically made for activity undertaken in one year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Schedule a meeting with Legacy Foundation staff before submitting an application:
USA: Indiana: Lake County