Foundation / Corporation
Tony Hawk Foundation (THF)
09/03/19 All required supporting documents must be postmarked within one business day following the Grant Application deadline.
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $25,000 to USA nonprofits, schools, and public agencies to design and construct public skateparks in low-income areas. Funding is intended to promote active, healthy lifestyles by establishing free, public skateparks in areas that do not already have skateboarding facilities. Applicants that demonstrate strong grassroots and community support for their project will be favored.
The Foundation primarily considers skatepark projects that:
- Are designed and built from concrete by qualified and experienced skatepark contractors.
- Include local skaters throughout the planning, fundraising, and design process.
- Are in low-income areas and/or areas with a high population of “at-risk” youth.
- Can demonstrate a strong grassroots commitment to the project, particularly in the form of fundraising by local skateboarders and other community groups.
- Have a creative mix of street obstacles (rails, ledges, stairs, etc.) and transition/vert terrain (quarterpipes, bowls, halfpipes, etc.).
- Don’t require skaters or their parents to sign waivers.
- Encourage skaters to look after their own safety and the safety of others without restricting their access to the park or over-regulating their use of it.
- Are open during daylight hours, 365 days a year.
- Don’t charge an entrance fee.
- Are in areas that currently have no skateboarding facilities.
The Foundation may offer technical assistance on design and construction, promotional materials, and other information. The Foundation may also facilitate support from vendors, suppliers, and community leaders.
International projects are considered on an invitation-only basis.
GrantWatch ID#: 176636
Grants range from $1,000 to $25,000.
Grants are based on a one-time, single-year award, although they may be paid over more than one year, if appropriate.
The Foundation does not provide sustaining funds or multi-year grants.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://tonyhawkfoundation.org/skatepark-grants/grant-application/
Mail the supporting documents to:
Tony Hawk Foundation
1611-A S. Melrose Dr. #360
Vista, CA 92081
If you have questions about the application or the grant process, see the contact page: https://tonyhawkfoundation.org/connect/
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming