Foundation / Corporation
Decatur County Community Foundation (DCCF)
09/15/19 4:00 PM
Grants ranging from $1,500 to $20,000 to Indiana nonprofit organizations and government entities for community programs that benefit Decatur County. Funding is intended for the focus areas of civic and community, education, health and human services, arts, literacy, historic preservation, safety, youth, and recreation.
Focus area details:
- Civic and Community: To support and develop community activities and programs, which are designed to improve life in Decatur County.
- Education: To support all levels of education.
- Health and Human Services: To strengthen services to families and individuals and to support health and prevention programs.
- Arts and literacy: To support art appreciation from spoken to visual to written, encourage public display of art, support art conservation, develop artistic quality and promote audience development.
- Historic preservation: To promote pride in our community history through the maintenance of items of historical significance.
- Safety: To protect and promote the general overall safety of the Decatur County citizens.
- Youth and recreation: To support programs which encourage the development of the community’s youth or encourage the overall physical well being of all ages of the population.
High priorities - When reviewing grant applications, committee members look for projects that include these characteristics:
- New and innovative projects or programs, including start-ups
- Projects which Foundation funds can be used as match, seed money or challenge grant funding from other donors
- Projects which will make a significant impact in the community
- Projects which act as a catalyst for action and community participation
While not of highest priority, projects which promote collaboration are important.
GrantWatch ID#: 179898
The Foundation typically makes grants ranging from $1,500 to $20,000.
The Foundation typically does not fund multi-year or long-term projects.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Decatur County Community Foundation
101 East Main Street, Suite 1
Greensburg, IN 47240
Darin Miley, Grants Manager
USA: Indiana: Decatur County
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of up to $50,000 to researchers affiliated with USA qualified institutions for research in the field of pediatric oncology. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to increase the institution's capacity to conduct
Grants to Indiana nonprofit organizations in eligible locations for projects or capital campaigns that address community needs. Applicants requesting support for a capital campaign are asked to contact the funding source prior to submitting an application. Projects are
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky nonprofit organizations, state and municipal organizations, and public schools in eligible counties for programs benefiting local communities. Funding is intended to support programs primarily in the areas of education, communit
Grants to Indiana nonprofit organizations and government agencies to benefit local communities in eligible regions. Interested applicants must contact program staff prior to submitting an application. Funding is intended to support impactful programs and projects that
Grants to Western Indiana nonprofit organizations to meet local community needs within Vermillion County and the school corporation boundaries of Covington, Attica, and Southeast Fountain. Consideration will be given to programs in the areas of education, health, cultur
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grants to Indiana nonprofit organizations to improve the quality of life for local residents in eligible areas. Funding is intended to support programs and activities within the focus areas of arts and culture, community and economic development, environment, education,