Foundation / Corporation
04/01/19 - Deadline for Open at Large grants; Sponsorships are Ongoing.
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for programs that benefit the communities where the funding source does business. Eligible communities are located in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Funding for grant programs is focused on nonprofit organizations in Tyson Foods communities. There are two types of grant programs: Open at large and by invitation only.
Open at Large:
Open at-large grants: Tyson Foods seeks proposals from IRS registered non-profit organizations to help them implement programs and improve the quality of life in Tyson communities.
Tyson Foods encourages consideration of the following subjects:
- Programs that increase the availability and affordability of low-income housing and day-care facilities
- Providing financial counseling services to families earning less than $50,000/year
- Building community connections between immigrants and longer-term residents
- Promoting local economic development programs
- Advancing English literacy skills
Sponsorships: There are two different sponsorship programs available.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Charitable Sponsorships: These are awarded to IRS certified non-profit organizations to help them implement initiatives to reduce hunger and to improve the health and well-being of the Team Members.
- Corporate Community Sponsorships: These are awarded to activities that promote the Tyson Brand while enhancing the vitality of the three headquarter communities in Springdale, Ark., Chicago, Ill., Dakota Dunes, S.D. Sponsorship requests for communities outside of these locations should be directed to your nearest Tyson facility.
Strong preference given to initiatives that build relationships and active engagements between Tyson Team Members and the community, as well as to events where food and food experiences are a centerpiece.
By Invitation Grants: Tyson Foods invites select nonprofits to help address social challenges that impact Tyson communities and address the corporate giving objectives.
GrantWatch ID#: 180369
Eligibility (for all programs):
Applicants must be from a certified 501(3)(c) organization.
Must benefit communities located within 20 miles of a Tyson facility.
Ineligible (for Sponsorships programs):
- Fundraising events that benefit individuals
- Religious and political activities
- Purchase of event tickets
- Golfing events
- Buying memberships
- Subsidizing sport teams
Proposals for Open at Large grants are due on April 1, 2019. Awards will be announced by June 1, 2019.
Sponsorship requests may be made at any time.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply for Open at Large Grants:
To apply for Sponsorships:
P.O. Box 2020, CP061
Springdale, AR 72765-2020
If you would like to be included for consideration in these opportunities, please email:
USA: Alabama; Arkansas; California; Florida; Georgia; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Michigan; Mississippi; Missouri; Nebraska; North Carolina; Oklahoma; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Virginia; Washington; Wisconsin