Foundation / Corporation
Scott County Community Foundation
04/30/19 12:30 AM EDT
Grants to Scott County, Indiana organizations to support programs that focus on the following areas: social services, the arts, community service, health, the environment, education, and entrepreneurship. Funding is intended to enhance the quality of life for the local communities.
The Scott County Community Foundation considers needs which generally fall into the following categories:
1. Community Service – to support programs related to community development, citizen involvement, leadership training, recreation, and general community programs and projects.
2. Social Service – to support human service organizations, programs for children, youth, family, and senior citizens.
3. Education – to support programs, projects, and scholarship in pre-school, secondary, post-secondary, and special education areas.
4. Health – to support hospital, health, and medical related programs, positive development of youth.
5. Arts – to support programs and facilities that are designed to establish a diversified cultural program that offers widespread opportunities for participation and appreciation.
6. Environment – to support environmental education and activities to enhance and maintain a good environment.
7. Entrepreneurship – to support programs and training that have a positive impact on the community.
Funding will focus on effectiveness of special non-recurring projects which enrich health, education, cultural or recreational situations in Scott County.
GrantWatch ID#: 180686
Grants will be made only to organizations whose programs benefit the residents of Scott County.
Grants from the Scott County Community Foundation must meet legal and tax requirements as to the purpose and may be made only to charitable organizations and/or causes.
Grants will only be made to organizations, that as required by law make equal opportunities available to all persons without regard to race, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or any other category protected under state or local law.
Grant funding will focus on the encouragement of programs that enhance cooperating and collaboration among institutions within the community. Foundation funds ordinarily are not given to agencies for the purpose of meeting routine budgets.
Special consideration will be given to agencies that partner with other organizations to complete a unified project.
Although the Foundation does not typically fund the following, depending upon an organization’s particular needs compared to applications submitted by other organizations during the same cycle, the board, at their discretion, may allow some of the below listed items.
- Ongoing operational expenses
- Existing obligations
- Services primarily supported by tax dollars or responsibility of a public agency
- Multi-year grants or repeat funding
- Religious or sectarian purposes
- Loans or endowments
The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or for the following:
- Advocacy or political purposes
- Travel expenses
Deadline: April 30 2019 at 12:30 AM EDT.
The Scott County Community Foundation currently has one grants cycle per year.
Funding will seek to offer leverage funds through the use of “seed money,” match and challenge grants.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/50877?apply=true
Scott County Community Foundation
P.O. Box 25
60 North Main Street
Scottsburg, IN 47170
USA: Indiana: Scott County