Foundation / Corporation
Indiana Humanities and Indiana Landmarks
08/31/19 11:30 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Indiana nonprofit organizations, government agencies, schools, churches, public libraries, and community organizations for public humanities-based projects that engender in-depth discussion on vital contemporary issues. Eligible projects include lectures, civic discussions, reading series, film screenings, walking tours, documentary films, web projects, and exhibits. Funding may be used to support both new and ongoing programs.
Indiana Humanities offers INcommon Grants for humanities-based programs that spark in-depth conversation, insight and consideration of others’ points of view on the persistent social, economic, cultural and racial issues that divide communities - including topics such as immigration, gentrification, incarceration, policing, institutional racism, and the legacies of segregation in housing and education, and more.
Special priority will be given to projects that include community discussion and conversation at the heart of their proposed activities. Successful proposals will include input from humanities scholars, including as advisers or facilitators. Projects must:
- Contain a strong focus on the humanities (literature; language; history; philosophy; archaeology; comparative religion; law; ethics; theory, history, and criticism of the performing and visual arts; social sciences with humanistic content and/or humanistic method)
- Include humanities scholars in planning and implementation
- Be intended for a public or school audience
For further details on project requirements, see https://indianahumanities.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/INcommon-Grants-Call-for-Proposals-2019-2.pdf#page=3.
GrantWatch ID#: 185885
The Funding Source plans to award 8 to 10 INcommong Grants in 2019.
Grant up to $5000
- Date projects may begin: November 1, 2019
- Date by which projects must be completed: Within one year of notification
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://ihgrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx?7861726F417A39587757633D
For questions, contact:
George Hanlin, Director of Grants
800.675.8897, extension 128
For information, call 317.616.9784 or email email@example.com.
1500 North Delaware
Indianapolis, IN 46202