Foundation / Corporation
Nationwide and BlueVine
06/30/19 11:59 PM EST
Opportunity for USA business owners to compete for funding and consulting services. Finalists will receive prize money, a session to discuss business questions with experienced consultants, and an all-expense paid trip to Ohio to pitch their business before an executive panel of judges.
An executive panel of judges will review all applications based on the contest rules and these three main judging criteria:
- Your business: Which business owner best meets a real need in the marketplace through a unique product(s) and/or service?
- Your story: Which business owner has best communicated their story regarding why they decided to start their business?
- Your pitch: Which business owner has the most compelling concept for how they would use $100,000 to take their company to the next level?
GrantWatch ID#: 186011
The finalists will receive:
- A chance to compete to be one of the top three winners and receive non-dilutive grant awards for your business with $100,000 for 1st place, $20,000 for 2nd place, $10,000 for 3rd place;
- One (1) VISA Gift Card to cover per diem meals, taxis and incidentals, along with an award dinner and ceremony;
- An opportunity to sit down with experienced business consultants, who will help answer your most pressing questions about marketing, growing and running your company;
- One (1) room for two (2) nights for each finalist plus one (1) guest at a hotel to be determined by Nationwide and BlueVine;
- Round trip, coach-class air transportation for up to two (2) individuals to the Pitch to Win event in October from a major airport near winner's home, within the continental United States (determined by Nationwide and BlueVine in its sole discretion) to Columbus, OH. Nationwide will be responsible for booking each flight.
The Pitch to Win contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, except where prohibited, who:
- Are 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, whichever is greater;
- Are legally able to work in the United States;
- Are able to provide reasonable proof of being an owner or affiliate of a legally operating small business that is not a franchise and has under 500 employees
- Are not a current employee of Nationwide or BlueVine;
- Are not an authorized Nationwide reseller or Nationwide investment or BlueVine partner;
- Own a business that is currently active, lawful, and has all necessary and required licenses and registrations and must remain so through the end of the Contest;
- Own a business whose primary purpose is not in competition with Nationwide or BlueVine; and who own a business that is not under bankruptcy protection or has judicial liens or attachments.
The Contest begins May 3 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends June 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The Pitch to Win contest will take place between National Small Business Week in May and Small Business Saturday in November.
-Round 1: Business owners enter the contest
The Pitch to Win contest will accept applications online from May 3 to June 30, 2019.
-Round 2: Semifinalists submit a video pitch
In August, the semifinalists will be announced and asked to submit additional information and a short video pitch.
-Round 3: Finalists pitch live at Nationwide's headquarters
In September, the finalists will be announced to have the opportunity to pitch their business in October before an executive panel of judges.
Up to 100 semifinalists will be chosen and informed of their advancement on or about August 5, 2019 via email by Nationwide and BlueVine leaders based on the Judging Criteria from all the entrants that enter the Contest. They will advance to a second round, where they will be asked to submit additional information and a short video pitch. Up to 10 finalists will be chosen and informed of their advancement on or about September 3, 2019 via email and a letter by Nationwide and BlueVine leaders based on the Judging Criteria. The finalists will pitch their business on or about October 3, 2019 in person before an executive panel of judges at Nationwide’s headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
-Contest Rules and Eligibility:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://bsc.nationwide.com/NWPitchtoWinentry.cfm
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
One Nationwide Plaza
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Bluevine Capital Inc.
401 Warren St., Suite 300
Redwood City, CA 94063
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming