Foundation / Corporation
The Mission Continues
Opportunity for USA and Puerto Rico military veterans and current Guardsmen and Reservists in eligible cities to participate in a leadership and professional development program. The program includes local teamwork, four in-person weekend sessions, and an online learning course designed to prepare participants for community service, career, and civilian life.
A multidisciplinary six-month program, the Service Leadership Corps (SLC) is an opportunity for veterans to build new skills. The SLC empowers veterans to continue their service as community-based change agents. Corps members receive the tools and connections to enhance their leadership skills and professional development while making meaningful community impact. The experience includes four in-person weekend-long sessions, local team-based work, and a virtual curriculum. Corps members work individually and in small groups, collaborating with local organizations to drive positive change within their communities.
- Develop new skills and pathways to serve and connect in cities and communities nationwide
- Engage in group and individual learning with hands-on support from program advisors
- Connect with our network of veterans in the journey to becoming a community-based leader
- Professional Development Grant for Corps members in good standing upon program completion
- Gain professional experience collaborating with civic-minded organizations and government agencies
- Build confidence and tools in community development, resiliency, effective communication and advocacy
In-Person Session Schedule:
- Sept. 13-15, 2019: Dallas, TX
- Nov. 15-17 2019: St Louis, MO
- Jan. 24-26 2020: Atlanta, GA
- March 20-22 2020: Chicago, IL
Corps members will need to commit approximately 3-5 hours per week to their group and curriculum. This time commitment will include virtual meetings, online training, reading, and self-paced study.
GrantWatch ID#: 186119
Travel, hotel, and meals are provided by The Mission Continues during each of the four in-person sessions. In addition, Corps members are eligible for an individual Professional Development Grant of up to $1,500 upon successful completion of the program.
The 6-month Fall Program will run from Sept. 2019 to March 2020.
The Service Leadership Corps is open to U.S. veterans, Guardsmen, and Reservists from all branches and generations of service. Applicants must be a U.S. resident who currently resides within a metro area of a city where the Funding Source serves, has completed one year of military service and has a Character of Service above a “Dishonorable Discharge.”
In addition, applicants should be:
- Eager to learn and grow, and has a desire to apply skills and learning in under-resourced communities
- Interested in collaborative team-based work with veterans and community partners
- Able to commit to approximately 3-5 hours per week over six months, including four in-person Friday-Sunday sessions
- Comfortable engaging in both online and in-person learning environments
Fellow alumni who are looking to continue their service and gain new skills are eligible to apply for the Service Leadership Corps.
Previous fellowship applicants who did not start, or were not accepted for a fellowship with The Mission Continues are welcome to apply.
Service Platoon Leaders and Service Leadership Corps members cannot engage in both programs concurrently.
Application Deadline: July 7, 2019
Video of the SLC Program: https://youtu.be/6IvC24sI2-Y
About the SLC: https://missioncontinues.org/service-leadership-corps/curriculum/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://missioncontinues.formtitan.com/SLCApp
For questions, contact the staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission Continues
1141 South 7th Street
St. Louis, MO 63104
(314) 588 8805
Cities served by The Mission Continues
USA: Arizona; California; Colorado; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; New Jersey; New York City; New York; Ohio; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Tennessee; Texas; Virginia; Washington
USA Territories: Puerto Rico (USA)